Monday, June 4, 2012

Something a little different...


I'm not much of a skimboarder...
"I made it for surfing", Tim said, describing the new sub five foot epoxy skimboard that he had shaped for my brother and I. I had surfed on one of Tim's skimboards before, but it had more volume and an optional twin fin setup that I was able to utilize. This thing was slightly smaller and I didn't even think I would be able to paddle it.

The first time I surfed it I new I was wrong, not only could I paddle the board relatively easily, I was able to ride waves on it. It rode alot like an alaia albeit with a little more control. My brother(Daniel Dedina) also tried it and came to the same conclusion.
First attempt at a shove it, I came close and then had fun swimming to get my board.

The next time we took it out I decided to try something new. Shove-its are a very simple trick to do on skimboards because they don't have fins. After falling about twenty times and having the nose of the board go somewhere very painful I finally landed one.

Next time I think I'll try it out at the wedge...






This is the one that I finally landed.

-Israel Dedina

No comments:

Post a Comment